With WP Rocket now paired up with KeyCDN & Cloudflare, which host is tearing it up this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 78 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 78 Summary Table
The winner this week is SiteGround with a time of 0.78s, which sets a new all time Dallas record, breaking the previous record of 0.79s that was set by Lightning Base in Week 69.
On our last visit to Dallas with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 75), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.02s. This week with WP Super Cache being subbed out for WP Rocket, the average load time is faster at 0.84s.
This is the first week of our KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study, and the early points go to WP Rocket.
Next week we’ll be switching up the test location to London. Will WP Rocket continue to pump out faster load times?
And this Week’s Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.