After 2 Years of testing, let’s package up all the SiteGround Test Results and find out how they’ve performed so far…
SiteGround Review – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 8 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 80,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 04 Apr 2016 to 30 Dec 2017
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,340 times).
- SiteGround’s speed was typically in the bottom half of our hosts during 2016. How things have turned around in 2017, where they dramatically improved to 2nd during the 1st half of 2017, then took things a step further to finish 1st in the 2nd half of 2017.
- SiteGround is currently sitting in 2nd place in our Speed Rankings.
H2 2017 Results
H1 2017 Results
View the Weekly Speed Tests
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (80,640 times).
- SiteGround have performed brilliantly when it comes to Uptime, showing rare consistency across both 2016 & 2017. One area where SiteGround has excelled is avoiding horror weeks with significant downtime.
- SiteGround is currently ranked 2nd in our Uptime Rankings.
View the Weekly Uptime Tests
SiteGround Review – Overall Test Results
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- SiteGround’s performance was solid throughout 2016, but has really stepped up across 2017, especially in the speed department. If there consistency with uptime continues, coupled with further improvement in speed, SiteGround could really challenge for the coveted #1 Ranking in 2018.
- This results in SiteGround currently sitting 2nd in our Overall Rankings.