After 2 Years of testing, let’s package up all the Web Hosting Hub Test Results and find out how they’ve performed so far…
Web Hosting Hub Review – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 8 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 80,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 04 Apr 2016 to 30 Dec 2017
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,340 times).
- Web Hosting Hub’s speed has been inconsistent in both 2016 & 2017. Some week’s they have been our fastest host, but they tend to follow that up with disappointing results.
- Hub is currently sitting in 6th place in our Speed Rankings.
H2 2017 Results
H1 2017 Results
View the Weekly Speed Tests
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (80,640 times).
- Web Hosting Hub have also been inconsistent when it comes to Uptime. They experienced very poor results in Weeks 41 & 55, resulting in 56 and 165 minutes of downtime respectively.
- Hub is currently ranked 5th in our Uptime Rankings.
View the Weekly Uptime Tests
Web Hosting Hub Review – Overall Test Results
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- Web Hosting Hub’s performance has been impressive at times during both 2016 & 2017. Their problem continues to be their consistency, which was highlighted by a very poor uptime result in Week 55, where they had 165 minutes of downtime. This will need to be rectified if Hub is to compete for a Top 3 spot in 2018.
- Hub is currently 5th in our Overall Rankings.