After 8 months of live testing in 2019, let’s package up all the Kinsta test results and find out how they’ve performed so far…
Kinsta Review – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 6 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 60,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 07 Jan 2019 to 18 Aug 2019
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,080 times).
- Kinsta has absolutely blitzed our speed test, comfortably outpointing all our other hosts across the 30 weeks of testing in 2019. The regions where they have been particularly impressive are India & Australia.
- Kinsta is currently ranked 1st in our Speed Rankings.
2019 Results – USA Server
2019 Results – Canada Server
2019 Results – UK Server
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (60,480 times).
- The uptime performance for Kinsta started off impressively, with just 1 minute of downtime across the first 10 weeks of testing in 2019. This picture dramatically changed in Week 152 when they experienced a whopping 223 minutes of downtime!! Impressive results have returned in Weeks 21-30 with just 1 minute of downtime.
- Kinsta is currently ranked 6th in our Uptime Rankings.
Kinsta Review – Overall ranking
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- Kinsta’s ultra impressive speed has been offset with the worst uptime performance across all hosts. It is crucial that their uptime is almost flawless for the remainder of 2019 in order to try to move up the rankings.
- Kinsta is 6th in our Overall Rankings.