After 2+ Years of testing, let’s package up all the Lightning Base Speed & Uptime Results and find out how they’ve performed so far…
Lightning Base Review – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 8 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 80,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 04 Apr 2016 to 07 Jul 2018
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,340 times).
- Lightning Base’s Speed has been outstanding since it was added in Apr 2017, consistently finding itself in our Top 2 Hosts. It started with a bang by finishing fastest across the first half of 2017, and has continued that good form with 2nd fastest load times across H2 2017 & H1 2018.
- Lightning Base is currently owning the #1 spot in our Speed Rankings.
H1 2018 Results
H2 2017 Results
H1 2017 Results
View the Weekly Speed Tests
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (80,640 times).
- Lightning Base have also performed brilliantly when it comes to Uptime, with only 38 minutes of downtime since Apr 17. To put this into perspective, nearly all of our other hosts have experienced more than 38 minutes of downtime in 1 week!!
- Lightning Base is also ranked 1st in our Uptime Rankings.
View the Weekly Uptime Tests
Lightning Base Review – Overall Test Results
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- Lightning Base’s performance has been excellent across the board, and are currently ranked #1 in both speed & uptime tests. Their consistent performance is truly impressive, they have set the bar very high for our other hosts to strive toward in the second half of 2018.
- Understandably, Lightning Base is 1st in our Overall Rankings.