With our host servers based in Australia and with WP Rocket on board, which host is most reliable this week when we test from Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 190 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 190 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 189):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is SiteGround, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 705ms.
We have now completed 50 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 10th week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, and the 5th with plugin caching support turned on.
Flywheel has been the best performed from Australian servers, taking the honors 4 weeks out of 10. SiteGround were next in line with 3 first place finishes, which is impressive in itself, given they are a budget host.
At the other end of the spectrum is WP Engine, who racked up 111 minutes of outages in the last 6 weeks. Compared to just 13 minutes of downtime in the first 40 weeks, this is a drastic dropoff.
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 50 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian, Indian & Australian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.