After 2 Years of Testing, let’s combine all the results and see who is #1 in our Overall Rankings?
Weekly Testing Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Each week speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- After 89 Weeks, a Total of 7,296,576 Tests have been performed
Identical Live Sites
Overall Rankings – Apr 2016 to Dec 2017
Congratulations to Lightning Base who is crowned our Overall #1 Ranked Host!!
It is impressive indeed that Lightning Base is ranked 1st in both the Speed & Uptime tests! This consistency has ensured Lightning Base is comfortably leading, even though they were only added in Apr 2017 – what a debut!!
The 2 hosts at the bottom of our rankings have both been replaced. A2 Hosting was removed on 28 Jan 2017 due to unacceptable downtimes, while DreamHost have were replaced on 23 Apr 2017 due to poor uptime and unacceptable speed. Namecheap replaced A2 Hosting and Lightning Base replaced DreamHost.
As we enter into 2018, the main questions I have are focused around our Top 3 hosts:
- In the back end of 2017, SiteGround overtook GoDaddy off the back of improved speed from SiteGround and a dropoff in uptime from GoDaddy. I am keen to find out whether these trends will continue into 2018?
- The other key question is whether Lightning Base can keep up their amazing first 8 months of results. I have been really impressed with all aspects of their performance so far, will 2018 see more of the same?
And if your target audience is focused in 1 region, make sure you check out the Regional Rankings, where the results are split into North America, Europe & Asia Pacific.
(Click the table to enlarge)
04 Apr 2016 to 30 Dec 2017
Best Hosting Deals
For each of our 8 Hosts, we are constantly on the lookout for the best hosting deals.