After 2+ Years of testing, let’s package up all the SiteGround Test Results and find out how they’ve performed so far…
SiteGround Review – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 8 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 80,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 04 Apr 2016 to 07 Jul 2018
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,340 times).
- SiteGround’s speed was typically in the bottom half of our hosts during 2016. How things have turned around in 2017 & 2018, with a dramatic improvement to 2nd during the 1st half of 2017. SiteGround have then taken it a step further to be our fastest host in both the 2nd half of 2017 as well as the 1st half of 2018.
- SiteGround is currently sitting in 2nd place in our Speed Rankings.
H1 2018 Results
H2 2017 Results
H1 2017 Results
View the Weekly Speed Tests
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (80,640 times).
- SiteGround have performed brilliantly when it comes to Uptime, showing rare consistency for the 2+ years we’ve been testing. Their performance in H1 2018 has been their best so far, with just 12 minutes of downtime.
- SiteGround is currently ranked 2nd in our Uptime Rankings.
View the Weekly Uptime Tests
SiteGround Review – Overall Test Results
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- SiteGround’s performance was solid throughout 2016, but has really stepped up across 2017 & 2018. Their uptime consistency has been very impressive, and coupled with being our fastest host over the last year, SiteGround is getting really close to achieving the coveted #1 Ranking.
- SiteGround is currently sitting 2nd in our Overall Rankings.