After 5 months of live testing in 2019, let’s package up all the Pressidium test results and find out how they’ve performed so far…
Pressidium Review – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 6 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 60,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 07 Jan 2019 to 02 Jun 2019
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,080 times).
- Pressidium’s speed has been somewhat disappointing across the first 10 weeks of testing in 2019. While they started reasonably well, the addition of WP Rocket saw other hosts overtake Pressidium. This led to them being the 2nd slowest host in the 2nd 5 weeks, even slower than the budget hosts. This trend continued in Weeks 11-16 where Pressidium was once again 2nd slowest. However, Weeks 16-20 marked a significant step up in pace resulting in them being the 2nd fastest host.
- Pressidium is currently ranked 3rd in our Speed Rankings.
2019 Results – USA Server
2019 Results – Canada Server
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (60,480 times).
- Uptime is where Pressidium shone brightest. Across the 20 weeks of testing, they have only recorded 2 minutes of downtime, which is truly remarkable!!
- Pressidium is currently ranked 1st in our Uptime Rankings.
Pressidium Review – Overall ranking
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- While Pressidium have been fantastic when it comes to uptime, there speed has some room for improvement. As we move into our 3rd batch of 10 week testing in the UK, I’m really hoping to see a step change improvement in their speed and a continuation of their awesome uptime.
- Pressidium has moved into 1st in our Overall Rankings.