As we close out 2017, let’s find out which host has been the most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 89 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 89 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a very impressive uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 88):
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is InMotion Hosting, with a perfect uptime and the 2nd fastest average response time of 687ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 86), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,918ms, while this week with W3 Total Cache replacing WP Super Cache, it is significantly faster at 759ms.
This is the third and final week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache Speed Study and W3 Total Cache has clearly outperformed WP Super Cache when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will reset for 2018 and turn off all caching and CDN optimizers. This will help us set the baseline for all the new Speed Studies planned for 2018.
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.