With MaxCDN combined with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache, which of our hosts are up and about this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 86 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 86 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 85):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 696ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 83), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 829ms, while this week with WP Super Cache replacing WP Rocket, it is significantly slower at 1,918ms.
This is the third and final week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Rocket has clearly dominated when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our caching solution to W3 Total Cache. I wonder how W3TC will perform in comparison to WP Super Cache & WP Rocket.
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.