With MaxCDN paired with Cloudflare & WP Rocket, which of our hosts are most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 83 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 83 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts achieved 100% in Week 82):
- InMotion Hosting
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is InMotion Hosting, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 718ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 80), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 774ms, while this week with MaxCDN replacing KeyCDN, it is slightly slower at 829ms.
This is the third and final week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and KeyCDN has slightly edged MaxCDN, when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our caching solution to WP Super Cache, I wonder whether MaxCDN will perform better in this combination?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.