With MaxCDN paired with Cloudflare & WP Rocket, lets find out how reliable are hosts have been this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 82 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 82 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded another impressive uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 81):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 353ms.
The last time we tested from Europe with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 79), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 500ms, while this week with MaxCDN replacing KeyCDN, it is ever so slightly faster at 497ms.
This is the second week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and its looking like a fairly close contest between KeyCDN and MaxCDN, when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our test location to Asia Pacific, I wonder which CDN provider will prove to be quicker?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.