With MaxCDN fired up, which host will cross the line first this week in London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 82 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 82 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is SiteGround with a time of 1.88s, which is well behind the all time London record of 0.87s, which was set by HostGator in Week 64.
On our last visit to London with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 79), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.19s. This week with MaxCDN replacing KeyCDN, the average load time is ridiculously slower at 2.13s.
This is the second week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study, and MaxCDN is falling well behind the performance of KeyCDN.
Next week we’ll be switching up the test location to Sydney. It’s the last chance for MaxCDN to attempt to recover from this very poor start.
And this Week’s Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.