With Simple Cache setup, which of our hosts are burning up the track this week in São Paulo?
Speed Test – Week 124 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: São Paulo, Brazil
- Plugins Installed: Simple Cache
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 124 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is InMotion Hosting with a time of 2.02s, which sets the all time São Paulo record (the previous record was 2.12s set by SiteGround in Week 118).
On our last visit to São Paulo (with WP Fastest Cache setup in Week 121), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 3.23s. This week with Simple Cache now on board, the average load time is significantly faster at 2.33s.
This is the second week of the Simple Cache Speed Study, and its looking as though Simple Cache is currently outperforming WP Fastest Cache.
Next week we’ll be switching up our test location to Mumbai. I am very keen to find out if Simple Cache is able to continue to boost our sites speed more than WP Fastest Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.