With Simple Cache ready to roll, lets find out which host is most reliable this week in Latin America?
Uptime Test – Week 124 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Latin American Locations
- Plugins Installed: Simple Cache
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 124 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts achieved 100% in Week 123):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Latin America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 476ms.
The last time we tested from Latin America (with WP Fastest Cache setup in Week 121), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 730ms, while this week with Simple Cache on board, it is slightly slower at 790ms.
This is the second week of our Simple Cache Speed Study and its looking as though WP Fastest Cache is quicker than Simple Cache, when it comes to Response Times.
For the next week, I will change up our test location to Asia Pacific. This is the last chance for Simple Cache to outperform WP Fastest Cache, will it happen?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.