With WP Rocket now added to our host servers based in the UK, which host is proving to be most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 166 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: UK
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 166 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect uptime performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 165):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in North America is Flywheel, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 543ms.
We have now completed 26 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 6th week that we’ve tested from UK based host servers, and and the 1st with the caching support of WP Rocket.
The most interesting takeaway from this weeks results is how close the response times are for all 6 hosts. To see our budget hosts of Lightning Base & SiteGround compete with the 4 premium hosts is fantastic. WP Rocket has been especially helpful to SiteGround, as they were well off the pace these last 5 weeks without the assistance of WP Rocket.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Europe. I wonder whether any hosts will split away from the crowd?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 20 weeks of testing on USA & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.