With KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket now setup, lets find out see which host is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 78 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 78 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (just 3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 77):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 136ms.
The last time we tested from North America with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 75), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,148ms, while this week with WP Rocket replacing WP Super Cache, it is significantly faster at 236ms.
This is the first week of our KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and the early signs are that WP Rocket is drastically improving our response times.
Next week we will change up our test location to Europe, will WP Rocket continue to shine?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.