With Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache good to go, lets find out which of our hosts are most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 71 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 71 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an average uptime performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 70):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 684ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 68), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,625ms, while this week with Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache it is significantly faster at 783ms.
This is the third and final week of our Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache Speed Study and W3 Total Cache has blown away WP Super Cache when it comes to response times.
Next week we will add a CDN into the mix to see how that will impact the speed of our sites?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.