It’s time to find out how much downtime our hosts are experiencing in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 14 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Europe
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 14 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
GoDaddy takes the win this week in Europe, being the fastest of those with 100% Uptime!
A2 Hosting has incurred another outage after 3 last week. They continue to record the fastest Average Response Time, but until A2 Hosting can start recording 100% Uptime’s, they better get used to sitting in the bottom half of the table.
SiteGround shows it is indeed possible to regularly achieve perfect Uptime – having now reached this summit 13 of the 14 weeks!!
For the 2nd Week in a Row,
The Weekly Winner is…
After 14 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.