With Cloudflare now added to WP Rocket, which of our hosts is nailing uptime this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 63 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 63 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (only 2 hosts achieved 100% in Week 62):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 163ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding Cloudflare to WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 60 (the last time we tested from North America) was 267ms, while this week with Cloudflare added it is slightly faster at 256ms.
This is the first week of our Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and the early signs are pointing to Cloudflare helping slightly when it comes to response times.
Next week we are going to test from Europe, will Cloudflare continue to show improvement?
And the Week 63 Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.