With Cloudflare added to WP Rocket, which of our hosts are ripping it up in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 63 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 63 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 0.83s, which breaks the Dallas record of 0.92s, that was also set by Lightning Base in Week 60. This sustained speed is very impressive – hats off to Lightning Base!!
On our last visit to Dallas with WP Rocket setup (in Week 60), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.07s. This week with Cloudflare added to WP Rocket, the average load time is noticeably faster at 0.93s.
This is the first week of our Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study, and its looking like Cloudflare is really helping out.
Next week we’re going to head to London – will Cloudflare continue to help speed up our sites?
And the Week 63 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.