With a Cloudflare & WP Rocket combo setup, lets find out which of our hosts are soaring this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 64 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 64 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a below average uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 63):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 331ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding Cloudflare to WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 61 (the last time we tested from Europe) was 581ms, while this week with Cloudflare added it is significantly faster at 470ms.
This is the second week of our Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and Cloudflare seems to be helping out quite a bit when it comes to response times.
Next week we are going to test from Asia Pacific, will Cloudflare continue to bring speed?
And for the 2nd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.