With WP Rocket added, let’s see which hosts are flying down the slopes this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 60 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 60 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 0.92s, which sets a new Dallas record!! The previous record belonged to Web Hosting Hub, with a time of 0.98s in Week 57.
On our last visit to Dallas with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 57), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.07s. This week with WP Rocket, the average load time is exactly the same at 1.07s.
This is the first week of our WP Rocket Speed Study, and the early signs are pointing to a close contest.
Next week we’re changing our testing location to London, which caching plugin will prove to be quickest?
And the Week 60 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.