With W3 Total Cache on board, let’s see which hosts are burning up the track this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 57 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 57 Summary Table
The winner this week is Web Hosting Hub with a time of 0.98s. Hub’s time has broken the long standing all time Dallas record of 1.02s set by HostGator in Week 21 – very impressive indeed!!
On our last visit to Dallas with WP Super Cache setup (in Week 54), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.42s. This week with W3 Total Cache, the average load time is significantly faster at 1.07s.
This is the first week of our W3 Total Cache Speed Study and the early signs are W3 Total Cache is comfortably outperforming WP Super Cache.
Next week we’re changing our test location to London, will W3 Total Cache’s dominance continue?
And the Week 57 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.