Let’s see which hosts are busting tackles and showing real speed this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 54 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 54 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 1.11s. What a perfect 1st week for Lightning Base, taking out 1st place in both the Uptime Test and this Speed Test. And the time is only just behind the all time Dallas record of 1.02s set by HostGator in Week 21.
On our last visit to Dallas with ShortPixel setup (in Week 51), the average page load time for our 7 hosts was 1.96s. This week with WP Super Cache added to ShortPixel, the average load time is much faster at 1.46s. As Lightning Base has only just replaced DreamHost, the comparison is limited to our other 7 hosts.
This is the first week of our WP Super Cache Speed Study and it looks like WP Super Cache is helping our sites out nicely.
Next week we’re swinging over to Europe, will WP Super Cache continue to speed up our sites?
And the Week 54 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.