With WP Rocket on board, which of our hosts are most reliable this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 61 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 61 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a very impressive uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 60):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest response time of 437ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from W3 Total Cache to WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 58 (the last time we tested from Europe) was 574ms, while this week with WP Rocket it is slightly slower at 581ms.
This is the second week of our WP Rocket Speed Study and it looks like both plugins are very close when it comes to response times.
Next week we will change our test location to Asia Pacific, who will come out on top?
And the Week 61 Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.