Let’s do an uptime check in Asia Pacific to find our most reliable host this week?
Uptime Test – Week 19 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Asia Pacific
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 19 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- InMotion Hosting
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of those with 100% uptime, 461ms! The last time we ran this Asia Pacific test (in Week 15), GoDaddy’s time was 519ms, so a nice improvement!!
And GoDaddy is not alone, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 15 was 659ms, while this week it has dropped to 488ms. This is the most impressive performance since WP Rocket was setup, quite a noticeable improvement on W3 Total Cache!!
And the Week 19 Winner is…
After 19 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.