With the Cloudflare & WP Super Cache combo fired up, lets check in and see which of our hosts are up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 67 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 67 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 66):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 319ms.
The last time we tested from Europe with Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 64), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 470ms, while this week with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache it is significantly slower at 1,243ms.
This is the second week of our Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Super Cache is well off the pace compared to WP Rocket when it comes to response times.
Next week we will move our test location to Asia Pacific, is there any chance that WP Super Cache can turn things around?
And for the 5th Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.