I wonder how many outages have impacted our hosts this week?
After checking from a worldwide perspective last week, we have narrowed our focus to North America this week. Will that shake things up in our rankings?
Uptime Test – Week 5 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across North America
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 5 Summary Table
Just 2 of our hosts aced the uptime this week:
- GoDaddy has continued on strongly from its 100% uptime last week to take out the North American win this week.
- SiteGround has recovered from their first outage last week, to move from 6th all the way up to 2nd.
While A2 Hosting had the fastest average response time, it fell to 6th due to an 11 minute outage.
Uptime Test – Week 5 Winner
For the 2nd week in a Row,
The Winner is…