With WP Rocket alongside our host servers based in the UK, which host is up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 167 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: UK
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 167 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 166):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 245ms.
We have now completed 27 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 7th week that we’ve tested from UK based host servers, and the 2nd with the caching support of WP Rocket.
The most interesting takeaway from this weeks results is the performance of Lightning Base. Considering Lightning Base is a budget host, to not only compete but actually outperform the 4 premium hosts is truly amazing.
The performance of our other budget host in SiteGround is also worth noting. WP Rocket has continued to prove useful to SiteGround for the 2nd week running, following being well off the pace the previous 5 weeks without the assistance of WP Rocket.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Europe to Asia Pacific. I wonder whether Lightning Base can continue to outperform our premiums?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 20 weeks of testing on USA & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.