With Simple Cache good to go, which host is proving to be most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 104 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 104 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an improvement in uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (just 3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 103):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 720ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific (with WP Rocket setup in Week 101), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 837ms, while this week with Simple Cache on board, it is noticeably slower at 1,111ms.
This is the third and final week of our Simple Cache Speed Study and WP Rocket has comfortably outperformed Simple Cache when it comes to Response Times.
Next week we change up the caching plugin to Cache Enabler. I wonder which caching plugin will prove to be the fastest?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.