Now that our new premium hosts are all fired up for 2019, lets find who’s most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 143 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 143 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 142):
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Kinsta, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 1,170ms.
We’re now into our 3rd week of testing that’s included our 4 new premium hosts. Once again we’re able to observe that they have considerably faster response times than our previous best 2 performers in Lightning Base & SiteGround.
The big concern this week is the horrendous 2 hours of downtime from Lightning Base. To put this into perspective, I have been testing Lightning Base for almost 2 years, and their total downtime over this time was only 65 minutes. Let’s hope this is just a one off poor performance.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to North America. I wonder whether Lightning Base will be able to turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
As I’ve just added 4 new premium hosts above, there are no summary results available yet. To see how our previous hosts performed after 3 years of testing, click below to find out which host finished up leading our uptime challenge.