Our new premium hosts are up and running for 2019, who will perform most reliably this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 144 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 144 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect uptime performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 143):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Flywheel, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 289ms.
We’re now into our 4th week of testing that’s included our 4 new premium hosts. Once again we’re able to observe that they have considerably faster response times than our previous best 2 performers in Lightning Base & SiteGround.
This is the first time this year all 6 hosts have had 100% uptime across the whole week. And its also a big relief that Lightning Base recovered from a truly horrendous 2 hours of downtime last week.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Asia Pacific. I wonder whether we can keep this 100% uptime streak continuing?
And this Week’s Winner is…
As I’ve just added 4 new premium hosts above, there are no summary results available yet. To see how our previous hosts performed after 3 years of testing, click below to find out which host finished up leading our uptime challenge.