With our host servers up and running from India, which host is most reliable this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 172 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: India
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 172 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 171):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is Flywheel, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 779ms.
We have now completed 32 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 2nd week that we’ve tested from Indian based host servers, and with plugin caching support turned off.
The performance of our budget hosts, SiteGround & Lightning Base, is worth noting. WP Rocket has proved useful to SiteGround in particular, and with it turned off, SiteGround’s response time is the slowest of all hosts. Lightning Base has performed slightly better this week, above one premium host in Kinsta.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Europe to Asia Pacific. Will Flywheel continue to perform well and can SiteGround outperform a premium host?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 30 weeks of testing on USA, UK & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.