Our new premium hosts are clipped in, which host will cross the line first this week in Vancouver?
Speed Test – Week 144 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Vancouver, Canada
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x6 = 1,008 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
flywheel Weekly Speed Results
kinsta Weekly Speed Results
pressidium Weekly Speed Results
wp engine Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 144 Summary Table
The fastest host this week in Vancouver is Flywheel with a time of 1.07s.
It’s early days with our 4 new premium hosts, but it is interesting to see Kinsta fall off in Canada, after being a fastest host the last 3 weeks. The other 3 premium hosts continued the general trend that they are able to outperform our best 2 budget hosts in Lightning Base & SiteGround.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Sydney. I wonder whether Kinsta will recover in Australia or are we going to find that certain hosts are specialists in certain countries?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With our new hosts yet to achieve enough results to summarise, feel free to check out how our previous hosts performed over the course of 3 years of testing.