Who is in pole position in London this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 18 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 18 Summary Table
GoDaddy and A2 Hosting were consistently 1st & 2nd over the first 14 weeks, but both have fell into the bottom half in the last 4 weeks since Caching was introduced.
The other 6 hosts have continued their improvement, and leading the pack this week is DreamHost. Not only have they recorded the fastest time ever in London of 1.75s, it is also the 1st time that DreamHost have won a weekly Desktop Speed Test – Congratulations!!
And the last time we visited London in Week 14, the average page load time was 2.68s for our 8 hosts, this week it has dropped to 2.17s!!
Next week we are off to Sydney where the current record is 1.67s, will that get broken too?
And the Week 18 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.