Let’s take to the skies and see who is quickest in London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 14 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 14 Summary Table
A2 Hosting has blitzed the field this week, setting the fastest ever London time of 1.86sec!!
After having control of this test in the first 10 weeks, A2 Hosting was being challenged by GoDaddy in the last 3 weeks. This is a great response, I wonder how it will impact the crucially important Desktop Speed Rankings?
The other major changes from last week are:
- SiteGround jumping up from 6th place all the way to 3rd (and almost 2nd)
- DreamHost fell from 5th to 8th, just behind InMotion Hosting, Bluehost & HostGator
We will continue changing our test location each week, so that we can truly find out which host is performing best from a worldwide perspective. Next week we are off to Sydney, where GoDaddy comfortably won in the most recent test. Will they be able to take back control from A2 Hosting?
And the Week 14 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 14 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.