With our budget hosts trying to challenge the premium hosts now that WP Rocket is on board, lets find out how they have performed in Mumbai?
Speed Test – Week 148 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Mumbai, India
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x6 = 1,008 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
flywheel Weekly Speed Results
kinsta Weekly Speed Results
pressidium Weekly Speed Results
wp engine Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 148 Summary Table
The fastest host this week in Mumbai is Kinsta with a time of 2.43s.
With our 4 new premium hosts on board in 2019, Kinsta dominated early with fastest load time across 4 of the first 5 weeks of testing. But the prior 2 weeks Flywheel took the honors of fastest host. This week Kinsta has returned to form and quite comfortably recorded the fastest average load time.
The other element we’re wanting to check is the influence WP Rocket has had on our hosts. If we look back to Week 143 results (where the same test was conducted from Mumbai, just without WP Rocket), the constant theme is how well Kinsta continues to perform. The biggest improvement came from Flywheel, while WP Engine was actually worse off with WP Rocket.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Vancouver as we continue with WP Rocket comparisons. I wonder whether Kinsta & Flywheel will continue to lead the way in the Great White North?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With our new hosts yet to achieve enough results to summarise, feel free to check out how our previous hosts performed over the course of 3 years of testing.