With our new premium hosts set for 2019, which one is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 149 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 149 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (all 6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 148):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 238ms.
We have now completed 9 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This is the 1st week where we have seen our budget hosts Lightning Base & SiteGround outperform the premiums for both Uptime & response times.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Asia Pacific. Will our budget hosts continue to upset our more fancied premium hosts?
And this Week’s Winner is…
As I’ve just added 4 new premium hosts above, there are no summary results available yet. To see how our previous hosts performed after 3 years of testing, click below to find out which host finished up leading our uptime challenge.