With Cache Enabler added for the 1st time, which host is up and about this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 105 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 105 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 104):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 146ms.
The last time we tested from North America (with Simple Cache setup in Week 102), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 358ms, while this week with Cache Enabler on board, it is slightly faster at 340ms.
This is the first week of our Cache Enabler Speed Study and the early signs are that this will be a close contest when it comes to Response Times.
Next week we change up the testing location to Europe, I wonder which caching plugin will prove to be the fastest?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.