With WP Rocket now added to our Canadian host servers, who is staying up longest this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 156 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Canada
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 156 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 155):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 253ms.
We have now completed 16 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. It’s interesting to observe how closely bunched all 6 of our hosts, with Response Times all between 253ms and 354ms. Following 3 weeks of slow response times, SiteGround has recovered nicely with the addition of WP Rocket clearly helping.
For next week’s test, I will change up our test location to Europe. Will we see any separation in performances when we head across the pond?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 10 weeks of testing on USA servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.