We’re off to Europe to find out which host has the best uptime?
Uptime Test – Week 10 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Europe
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 10 Summary Table
Our hosts performed better this week, with 4 hosts (compared to 2 hosts last week) achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- A2 Hosting
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
A2 Hosting has taken out the victory thanks to not only achieving a perfect uptime, but also recording the fastest average response time. Will this performance help A2 Hosting move up the overall uptime rankings?
The biggest movers from last week were GoDaddy from 3rd to 6th, HostGator from 4th to 7th and Bluehost from 8th to 5th.
For the 3rd Week in a Row,
The Weekly Winner is…
After 10 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.