Which host shone brightly for longest this week?
This week, our tests are focusing on North America – who puts in a peak performance?
Uptime Test – Week 9 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across North America
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
WordPress Host #1: SiteGround
WordPress Host #2: A2 Hosting
WordPress Host #3: GoDaddy
WordPress Host #4: DreamHost
WordPress Host #5: InMotion Hosting
WordPress Host #6: HostGator
WordPress Host #7: Bluehost
WordPress Host #8: Web Hosting Hub
Uptime Test – Week 9 Summary Table
Our hosts had a tough time of it this week, with just 2 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting has taken out the victory thanks to recording a faster average response time than SiteGround. Will this performance help A2 Hosting move up in the overall uptime rankings?
And for the 1st time in 6 weeks, GoDaddy had an outage, but it was a fairly minor one, leading to just a small drop from 2nd to 3rd.
The biggest mover from last week was Bluehost from 4th to 8th.
For the 2nd Week in a Row,
The Weekly Winner is…
After 9 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.