With our new premium hosts up and running in 2019, which is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 146 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 146 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 145):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 211ms.
We’ve now clocked up 6 weeks of testing that’s included our 4 new premium hosts. For the first time we have seen a budget host outperform all premium hosts, well done Lightning Base. It may well be that the addition of WP Rocket has helped out Lightning Base more than our other hosts?
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Europe. Will Lightning Base continue to lead the way?
And this Week’s Winner is…
As I’ve just added 4 new premium hosts above, there are no summary results available yet. To see how our previous hosts performed after 3 years of testing, click below to find out which host finished up leading our uptime challenge.