Our new premium hosts are ripping it up, so which hosts will impress the judges this week in Sydney?
Speed Test – Week 145 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x6 = 1,008 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
flywheel Weekly Speed Results
kinsta Weekly Speed Results
pressidium Weekly Speed Results
wp engine Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 145 Summary Table
The fastest host this week in Sydney is Kinsta with a time of 1.64s.
It’s still early days with our 4 new premium hosts, but Kinsta seems to be leading the pack so far. We have now completed 5 weeks of testing so far in 2019 and Kinsta has been the fastest 4 out of the 5 weeks.
The clear disappointment this week is Pressidium and to a lessor extent Flywheel. I am hoping to see our premium hosts consistently outperform the budget hosts in Lightning Base & SiteGround. Sydney was not a happy hunting ground for Pressidium & Flywheel, hopefully we see improvement moving forward.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Dallas as well as throwing WP Rocket into the mix. I wonder whether Kinsta will continue their good form and can Pressidium & Flywheel prove their premium qualities?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With our new hosts yet to achieve enough results to summarise, feel free to check out how our previous hosts performed over the course of 3 years of testing.