With Cache Enabler now on board, let’s find out which host is ripping it up this week in Vancouver?
Speed Test – Week 126 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Vancouver, Canada
- Plugins Installed: Cache Enabler & Autoptimize
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 126 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is InMotion Hosting with a time of 0.90s, which is very close to the all time Vancouver record of 0.76s, which was set by Web Hosting Hub in Week 28.
On our last visit to Vancouver (with Simple Cache setup in Week 123), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.17s. This week with Cache Enabler now on board, the average load time is ever so slightly faster at 1.15s.
This is the first week of the Cache Enabler Speed Study, and the early signs are this is going to be a really tight battle between Simple Cache & Cache Enabler.
Next week I’ll be switching up our test location to São Paulo. I am very keen to find out which caching plugin will prove to be the fastest?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.