With Simple Cache now ready to go, which host is galloping along this week in Dallas?
Speed Test – Week 102 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 102 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is Bluehost with a time of 1.04s, which is not too far off the all time Dallas record of 0.78s, which was set by SiteGround in Week 78.
On our last visit to Dallas with (WP Rocket on board in Week 99), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.19s. This week with Simple Cache, the average load time is slightly slower at 1.23s.
This is the first week of the Simple Cache Speed Study and the early signs are pointing to this being a super close contest. This is somewhat surprising, considering WP Rocket is a premium caching plugin at $39/year, while Simple Cache is free.
Next week we’ll switch up our test location to London, will Simple Cache be able to keep up this performance?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.