With WP Super Cache now onboard, which host is flying off the start this week in Dallas?
Speed Test – Week 93 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 93 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is HostGator with a time of 0.98s, which is not far off the all time Dallas record of 0.78s, which was set by SiteGround in Week 78.
On our last visit to Dallas with all speed optimizers removed (in Week 90), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 2.14s. This week with WP Super Cache on board, the average load time is significantly faster at 1.33s.
This is the first week of the WP Super Cache Speed Study and it is clear to see the positive impact of adding a caching solution.
Next week we’ll switch up our test location to London, I wonder whether WP Super Cache will continue to perform well?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.