With WP Super Cache all good to go, which host is up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 94 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 94 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded another poor uptime performance this week, with just 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 93):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 435ms.
The last time we tested from Europe with all speed improvement plugins removed (in Week 91), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,623ms, while this week with WP Super Cache added, it is surprisingly slower at 1,702ms.
This is the second week of our WP Super Cache Speed Study and the early signs are a little concerning, with a slower time than when no speed improvers were setup. Next week we change up the test location to Asia Pacific, will things turn around for WP Super Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.